About ATCABlogNews and Views on the Alien Tort Claims Act (a.k.a. The Alien Tort Statute) and the Torture Victims Protection Act, 28 U.S.C. § 1350.
- We've Moved wp.me/p1M4vV-4l 4 years ago
- Alien Tort Statute Link Round-Up wp.me/p1M4vV-4h 5 years ago
- Doom and gloom for Alien Tort Claims Act plaintiffs? wp.me/p1M4vV-4e 5 years ago
- Manhattan Institute podcast on Kiobel wp.me/p1M4vV-4c 5 years ago
- New ATS Suit by Ugandan activist against American Anti-Gay preacher wp.me/p1M4vV-4a 5 years ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Goodbye WordPress, hello WordPress on another domain! The Alien Tort Claims Act blog is now the Alien Tort Statute News, available at http://www.alientortstatute.com/! Please re-set your links and RSS feeds accordingly.
– Turkish mobile giant Turkcell sues South African mobile giant MTN over alleged bribes to Iran for a cellular contract. It’s got weapons, diplomats and tons of cold, hard case. D.C. District Court complaint here. – Prof. Eugene Kontrorovich asks … Continue reading
Things aren’t looking good for human rights lawyers seeking to use ATS/ATCS, according to Michael D. Goldhaber at the AmLaw Daily: Could anything be worse for alien tort claimants than arguing before a hostile Supreme Court on corporate liability, as … Continue reading
Via Point of Law: To gain a better understanding of the Court’s action, we invited Penny Venetis (amicus brief), clinical professor of law and co-director of the Constitutional Litigation Clinic at Rutgers School of Law in Newark, and Andrew Grossman … Continue reading
From ABC News: A new development today on a story “Nightline” first covered back in 2010, when we traveled to Uganda to investigate a pending law in a far-away land that had ignited a firestorm of criticism here in the … Continue reading
Via NYT: Six days after hearing arguments in a major human rights case about whether corporations may be sued for complicity in torture abroad, the Supreme Court on Monday instructed the parties to address an even broader question. The court … Continue reading